In an increasingly interconnected world, Government actions across sectors have a significant impact on trade in goods and services. Governments and businesses are also increasingly recognizing the importance of international trade agreements and bilateral investment promotion agreements (BIPAs), in trade relations and structuring investments.
Our International Trade and Investment practice group advices clients on the use of international trade and investment agreements to maximize benefits of business opportunities.
We advise on the following areas:
- Advice on the compatibility of domestic laws and policies and suggestions for amendments where required to achieve legitimate policy objectives while being compliant with international obligations;
- Advice on negotiation of multilateral, regional or bilateral trade and investment agreements;
- Review of laws and regulations of importing countries to assess possible compatibility concerns with WTO and FTA obligations, and strategy for addressing the same;
- Representation at disputes at the WTO and other international forums on trade related issues;
- Advice on bilateral investment treaty disputes in the oil and gas sector, and in the telecommunications sector.
We have been consistently recognized as a leading firm in this area by Chambers and Partners and International Who’s Who of Trade and Customs lawyers.